Content marketing isn’t a onetime event. From blogs to social media to eNewsletters, coming up with new content is a challenge for any organization. The aim of the game is to avoid becoming the boring relative that tells the same story at every get together – your audience will get bored and unfollow you. Every new piece of content needs to have something that makes it readable and shareable. It’s a tall order, so what can you do to keep your content fresh? Here are seven ideas you can use today to inject new life into your content.
- Change it up – if you normally post graphics, write a text update. If your blog is all text, add a video. Just remember to keep it consistent with your usual tone.
- Hoard inspiration – have a great idea for a blog post? See a topical news piece you can’t wait to weigh in on? Use a file, notebook, or a social bookmarking tool to keep track of ideas and topics.
- Crowdsource it – spend some time on social media networks and see what your members and others in your industry are talking about. Look for topics you can craft content around.
- Start a conversation – not sure what to say? Ask your followers a question – you’ll be getting useful feedback while keeping their attention.
- Look outside your niche – what’s happening in the world? Is there a holiday or sporting event on the horizon? Think of some relevant content that will still be useful to your followers.
- Tell a story – members do business with people not brands. Tell a story about your association, talk about the history of your services. Offer something that tells your audience who you are.
- Start a theme – instigate new recipe Tuesdays, over to you Wednesdays, or weekly roundup Fridays. Pick a theme that suits your association, announce it, and encourage feedback.
Creating new content and keeping it lively and interesting is no small task. Help yourself by having a content creation calendar to work to. Put yourself in your member’s place and create content that you would love if you were following your association.
Looking for more tips on content marketing? Check out 25 Tips for Content Marketing Success!