No matter what the size, there’s no doubt that every association needs a marketing plan consisting of a comprehensive strategy and a detailed calendar to follow that allows them to stay on track for the year and gain sales leads. If your association doesn’t have a marketing plan in place to support your strategy and goals, you’re missing out on crucial opportunities. Here are five reasons why you should consider a marketing plan moving forward to help you succeed now, and for the future.
- To ensure that your objectives and strategies are on the same page. By making sure that your marketing objectives and strategies are aligned, you will be able to achieve your organizational goals. A marketing plan will outline this, and will help you make sure that you achieve all of the goals that you have set for the year. In addition, it will help you formalize your ideas and keep track of your content.
- To help you stay organized. Creating a marketing plan will allow you to break down your objectives into stages that can be met in a reasonable amount of time. It allows you to track each phase and stay organized, especially with the creation of a calendar. Staying organized is important when developing a marketing campaign because of the number of steps that are involved. This will allow you to take a step back and look at what you need to do in order to accomplish each goal, and will help you track results as well.
- To save time and money. Developing a marketing plan does initially take some extra work, but in the long run, it keeps you to a schedule, avoiding wasted time and efforts, and it also prevents you from spending more money than necessary on unforeseen events. By creating a written strategy ahead of time, you can plan out campaigns and see where you can reuse and repurpose material and resources to get the most out of your efforts.
- To promote consistency. What does your organization need to accomplish for the year, and what’s the timeframe for making it happen? Having a marketing plan in place will allow you to create a schedule for the year and make it easy for you to meet all requirements and deadlines. In addition, a monthly marketing calendar will ensure that you’re staying consistent with your campaigns and content. It will also help you relay your message to your audience in a concise and purposeful way.
- To analyze results. Staying organized and following a well-developed and thorough plan will help you track campaigns, review content, and analyze results. You will be able to see what is working with your association, what needs help, and what processes should be revised for the future. It can also show the breakdown of your costs and the effectiveness of your marketing strategy.
Constructing an operative marketing plan takes time and effort. You need to start by taking a good look at your association, reviewing current processes, and analyzing your plan for the future. It may seem like a lot of work upfront, but once you commit to writing, or allowing someone else to write, a marketing plan, your organization will soon reap the rewards.