As 2016 is approaching, marketers have the opportunity to look back at past techniques and predict ones that will have a major effect on associations this year. SEO is as important in 2016 as it has ever been and will continue to play a major role in the success of marketing your organization. Keeping that in mind, make sure you properly prepare for five of the top SEO trends this year.
- Importance of Mobile-Friendly Content. With 1 out of every 5 people owning a smartphone, having a responsive website plays a key role in successfully marketing your association. An organization’s website should be accessible from any device, with the text and images being adaptable to the size of the device being used. By providing mobile-friendly content, it creates a user-friendly experience and makes information easily available to any consumer trying to access your site. Having an optimized website will provide a competitive advantage, only furthering your association’s reach.
- Display of Content in Search Results. With Google being the number one search engine in the world, your association needs to make sure its content is displayed properly when searched. Keep in mind keywords, titles, and descriptions to make sure your content appears accurately and directs your audience to your site. By changing the way your content appears in search results, it will attract more members and boost your rankings among search engines, improving your overall SEO.
- Increasing Need for Personalization. With search engines becoming more knowledgeable, the need for personalizing your content is increasing. Make sure you’re segmenting content for your specific audiences so your content will appear in targeted searches. Psychographics and demographics are important to keep in mind, as they allow your audience to be directed to you. Select a target market, and reach out to them by using keywords directed at that audience and promoting your association’s value proposition. You will receive stronger SEO, helping to advance your organization.
- Website Security and Errors. Making sure your site is secure with no errors (such as ‘Page not Found’) will give you an extra advantage with Google and other search engines this year. By taking advantage of all the data that Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics have to offer, it will help you avoid security problems and other website errors while at the same time increasing the overall experience of a viewer, satisfying prospective members.
- Social Media Integration. While not a completely new trend, social media is continuing to grow, playing a vital role in marketing your association. If your organization doesn’t have a strong presence on social media, potential members will have a more difficult time finding you, including in web searches. This will limit your search engine results and hinder your access to share relevant and valuable content. Make sure your association has a notable presence on the major social media sites this year, including consistent updates with appropriate content for your readers. Understanding your target market and sharing content that would interest them is an essential part of marketing, and having a strong presence on social media gives your association another outlet to appear on search engine results.
Though most of these tactics seem quite basic, make sure you take the time to properly follow and implement them as they are important and will only benefit your association. Maximizing SEO for your website does take time and effort, but if handled correctly, it will be worth it for the overall success of your organization.