Running social media for any association, no matter what size, certainly can be difficult and time consuming. From making sure your posts go out on time to creating content that is intriguing, it’s challenging to meet all aspects. Maintaining social media that is organized and personable, yet also professional, can be a difficult task, but by allowing the tips below to guide you, you will find it easier to manage.
- Consistency. Maintaining your social media accounts is a time consuming task. Developing creative content and scheduling your posts is stressful, but with help of the right tools, you will notice a weight being lifted off your shoulders. Do your research and find the right social media management tool to fit your needs. A good social media software will help you to manage your strategy and keep a consistent posting schedule across all channels. This will make your job much easier and your audience will appreciate the consistency.
- Have a Leader. While it’s great to have a team that is dedicated to your association’s social media, having one person that can oversee everything and make sure your team is on the right track is important. From supervising the team to overseeing the entire social media strategy, it’s key to have a manager. This doesn’t mean that they should take away the responsibilities of your team members; it means that they should be a supervisor and help guide them.
- Educate. Educating your social media team is important so that you can make sure that everyone is on the same page. Meet with them on a weekly basis to review status and strategy. This will allow you to talk to your team and get their input on how to be more successful and what they need to work on. If you’re not able to meet with them in person, use a tool such as GoToMeeting that will allow you to video chat with them and check on progress.
- Analyze Results. While it’s great to share content and see audience interaction, it’s still necessary to track and analyze all of your results. With so many reporting tools out there, the amount of work needed is cut in half. When searching for the right social media management tool, make sure you consider their reporting system and how it will help you generate reports and measure audience interactions.
- Encourage. Make sure you encourage your marketing team and reward them for results. Encouraging and supporting them shows that you care and want them to succeed. Convince them to participate by letting them know the goals and objectives that you hope to make and acknowledge superior performance. Remember to work as a team, as the overall goal is the same for all involved.
Overall, maintaining a strong social media presence is a great way for your audience and members to get to know your association. Follow these tips above to help you take control of your social media efforts and allow you to create an organized and unified social media strategy.